Wednesday 17 August 2011

Teeth Whitening


Cheryl Cole, Simon Cowell, Kim Kardashian....we see these people flaunting their white gnashers at us from every ITV eveing programme, magazine and newsapaper front page, so it's not suprising that we want in on the pearly white action without the thousands of pounds worth of veneers....

Here are some teeth whitening solutions I've tried and tested, and my opinions and marks out of 10.
To start, I don't drink red wine, or drink tea or coffee, however up until a week ago I was a heavy smoker, so although my teeth were obviously discoloured, they were not bad, so it shouldn't take a lot to get them gleaming!


Colgate Max White ONE
This toothpaste claims, that if used for 2 minutes, 3 times a day, for a week, your teeth will be one shade whiter.
I infact, being sceptical, did this solidly for 2 weeks before checking my teeth against the scale. They had not lightened at all.
Good as a toothpaste no doubt, but for teeth whitening its a 
1/5


Crest Whitestrips
These clear strips, although, tricky to keep on your teeth, are UH-mazing! 
They are formulated with the same enamel-safe whitening ingredient dentists use, removing surface stains and those below the tooth’s surface.
They only claim t take your teeth back to your natural shade, and it did! I used these strips, for 30mins, twice a day for 2 weeks, and my teeth were 4 shades whiter by the end of the fortnight!
3/5
Plus White Just 5 Minutes
This is an American product, so has to be bought on an American store, but is by far the best thing I've used.
I have been using it for about a year, when I first started, it took my teeth at least 4 or 5 shades whiter in the first 3/4 weeks, and since then, has kept them white!
Would have highly recommended this to anyone, however I have heard that recently it hs changed its ingredients, meaning it is no longer as strong.
As it was bfore the change it gets a 4/5!

White'N'Dazzle Professional Teeth Whitening
My friend and follow beautician has been trained in the salon she works in, at professional teeth whitening.
Granted its not the same as you'd get in a dentist, but its the next best thing.
You're teeth are covered in a peroxide formula and a UV light is applied to the teeth as in the picture above.
It took just over an hour, and my teeth went up 6 shades whiter! Well worth the money.
4.5/5

The Celebrity Choice: 

Get2Smile Teeth Whitening System from £295
Get2Smile is the exact system used in your dentist, but in the comfort of you're home. It can be purchased from most dentists, or online, and is the only home teeth whitening kit allowed t market as the same system dentists use, because it is!
Its is widely publicised that it is used by the likes of Cheryl Cole and the rest of Girls Aloud, Jenny Frost and the Loose Women crowd.
Find it in New Magazine this week, pge54.

This will be my next trial, so when I've done a test run I'll review it! 







And when you look and wish you have teeth like Cheryl, just remember, under those fake veneers, her natural teeth are little brown stumps. YUK!



X

No comments:

Post a Comment