Friday 29 July 2011

Beauty Essentials

Just like your wardrobe there are certain essentials everyone should have in their make up bag.

One of my past times when I meet someone is to have a rummage through their make up, and I'm often bewildered at the amount of wrong colours, wrong tones and old mouldy cosmetics people hoard....

So here are my tips and my essentials to a good make up bag!

1.Buy A Cooler!
Pretty make up bags are lovely to slip in your bag, but or your home make up bag advise buying a little lunchbox cooler bag. The cool environment will keep fluids at the perfect consistency to apply, and keep make up fresh. Another advantage is that they wipe clean easily, so no germs!

2. Halo Antibacterial Wipes
I keep a mini pack of Halo antibacterial wipes in my cooler bag so I can wipe clean lids and the inside of the bag.



MAKE UP ESSENTIALS

1. A Good Concealer

A good concealer should be a  shade lighter than your skintone, and a paste or block, never a fluid. I do not rate these concealers that come in lipstick packaging.
I use Bo-ing by Benefit. Perfect coverage in a range of shades.

2.Mineral Make Up 


I think everyone should invest in Bare Minerals Make-up. excellent for all skin types as it skin breathe and look cakey.


3. An Under Eye Concealer

Lemon Aid by Benefit is a yellow concealer, perfect for undereye dark circles. This is the only one I recommend.


4. Tinted Moisturiser


I don't like foundation. Not sure why people slap it on. If you don't like your skin, use something light and good for it that cause more spots. I love NO.7 Tinted Moisturiser, good for the skin with a good coverage

5. Vaseline
 


Everyone should have Vaseline, for lips, and a subtle sheen t eyes and cheeks as well as dry skin.

6. A Good Mascara


I recommend Rimmel for great length and minimal clumps.

7.Blusher

I use Nars Blush in Orgasm, its a perfect peachy pink colour and suits most skin tones.
Apply a tiny sweep at a time and build up the colour, its easier to add then to take away!

8. Blotting Paper


Lots of people make the mistake of using transluscent
Powder to matte shiny skin, however this can make yu look cakey and powdery, resulting in an old make up look.
Invest in some blotting papers to help contol sine throughout the day without piling on powder!

No comments:

Post a Comment